BYLAWS ARTICLE VIII: POWERS AND DUTIES OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Section 1: Powers. The Board of Directors shall have power to:
- exercise for the Association all powers, duties and authority vested in or delegated to this Association and not reserved to the membership by other provisions of these By-Laws, the Articles of Incorporation, or the Protective Covenants and Restrictions;
- declare the office of a member of the Board of Directors to be vacant in the event such member shall be absent from three (3) consecutive regular meetings of the Board of Directors;
- employ a manager, an independent contractor, or such other employees as they deem necessary, and to prescribe their duties;
- file legal action on behalf of the Association to enforce any covenants affecting the properties.
Section 2: Duties. It shall be the duty of the Board of Directors to:
- cause to be kept a complete record of all its acts and corporate affairs and to present a statement thereof to the Members at the annual meeting of the Members, or any special meeting which such meeting has been called by the Members;
- supervise all officers, agents and employees of this Association, and to see that their duties are properly performed;
- as more fully provided in the Protective Covenants and Restrictions of KINGSLEY GLEN Homeowners Association, as amended, to:
- fix the amount of any assessments against a Residential Lot and to send a written notice of such assessment to every owner at least thirty (30) days in advance of such assessment.
- foreclose any liens against the property for which assessments are not paid within thirty (30) days after due date or to bring an action at law against the Owner personally obligated to pay the same.
- procure and maintain at the discretion of the Board of Directors adequate hazard insurance on property owned by the Association;
- cause all officers or employees having fiscal responsibilities to be bonded, as it may deem appropriate; and
- cause the property held by the Association to be maintained in accordance with the provisions of the Protective Covenants and Restrictions.